New Slantfin cover for old baseboard heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew21

Reaction score
Hi there,
Quick question. I'm doing renovations to my place and I had to get rid of the baseboards because they have about 9 coats of paint and I want things to look good. Here's the deal. When I got the new baseboards from Home Depot, the fins were protruding out. My friend told me that I had to turn the fins 'up' so they will fit the profile. The baseboard does fit (as you can see in the second pic) but the fit is tight. I didn't put in the piece that opens and closes the heat opening yet. I don't want to replace the entire element because that will involve replacing all the elements and money is an issue now (Plumber is cheap but can't afford it). Do they make baseboard covers that will fit instead of turning every fin up? That will take me hours to do! Look at the pics below. Thank you for your time.

Andrew

IMG_1731Medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pmonger

Reaction score
Rusty baseboard heaters

Why not just renovate those ugly old heaters?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
That post was from almost 2 years ago, i'm sure they tried something then.

Why don't you go away and stop spamming this board?

Last edited:

pmonger

Reaction score
Dear Peanut 9199

Peanut 9199, so sorry for posting a useful link leading to information that represents a.) a solution to the original poster's question not found anywhere else on this forum and b.) my attempt to help readers in general of this forum. Please let me know what kind of posts you prefer. Critical ones? Insulting ones (like yours)? Please explain.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Posting useful links (in your opion) is not helping people with questions they ask and also considering you are answering posts years later will probably not help them now.

The only thing it helps is you and what you are trying to sell.

Posted 12-08-07 answered by you 08-23-09
Why not just renovate those ugly old heaters?
Posted 05-09-07 answered by you 01-03-09
How about just renovating the ones you have?
Posted 02-16-07 answered by you 11-13-08
You could always try this solution;
Looks pretty easy to me.

and the one i like the most from "User" "Tonytony" and "he" said

I purchased a few baseboard covers They were shipped to my door in a few weeks. I couldn't be happier!

Who did that help? Let see maybe YOU!

Last edited:

pmonger

Reaction score
Peanut9199 you're an idiot

Peanut9199: You are an idiot. I will report your abusive comments by telephone tomorrow to whomever is in charge of this website forum. Your accusations below are wrong.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks