No room on busbar

Users who are viewing this thread

Cruiser

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm coming to the end ( I hope) of a rewire on my house. I've got all my new circuits to the panel and have enough room for my breakers but do not have enough slots on the busbar to take all the neutrals and grounds for same. How do I fit a larger one? When I bought the house the neuts and grounds were mixed on the bars, each under it's own screw though is this ok?

I'm planning to hire an electrician to come check my work but want to have done a bit of researching on this topic first.

Thanks folks

480sparky

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the neutral is bonded to the box itself, why not just get a ground bar and install all your grounds onto that, thus freeing up all the slots in the present bar for the neutrals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You can have two grounds (but not two neutrals) under one screw, possibly more depending on the manufacturers recommendations. This might free up some space.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
As long as the ground is the same size wire it can be doubled up.

Sorry, should have clarified that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks