Diverter valve issue

Users who are viewing this thread

cwatts

Reaction score
We have a problem with our main shower. When the diverter is pulled (the diverter is on the spout) the water stops coming out of the spout, but no water comes out of the shower head.

I took the shower head off, and still the same problem. It seems to only occur on very cold mornings (overnight low was 8* last time). Once I am home from work, I test it again and everything works fine.

We recently had a new valve and faucet installed to fix a leak problem, so everything is new (2 months).

Is it possible that the valve is freezing? The bathroom is adjacent to the attic, so I could go insulate more, but I want to make sure that is the problem before I crawl up there.

Thanks!

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put a space heater in that bathroom and keep the room hot. See if that solves the problem. If it does, you better insulate the heck out of those pipes or you'll have a nasty flood one day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks