Heritage Exposed Valve Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

patburke

Reaction score
The water temperature from the Heritage exposed valve shower started to fluctuate some weeks ago. At first I thought it was the boiler but that checked out fine. The only way I can get the thing to fluctuate between hot and warm rather than warm and cold is to decrease the water cold water pressure into the valve. I'm a little embarrassed that I can't sort this as there doesn't seem to be much to the valve......stumped! Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Pat

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Not familiar with that brand, but it sounds like it may be a pressue balanced type, in which case replaceing the balancing module may fix the problem.

patburke

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Its a fairly basic thermostatic mixer valve...I think. I have striped the thing down, cleaned the valve and enclosure, silicone greased anything that looked like it should move and re-assembled. It seems to be functioning fine now.

If in doubt....take it apart and put it back together. Works in IT so why not plumbing!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks