Replacing the water main? Do I really have to?

Users who are viewing this thread

shawnharper

Reaction score
Just wanted to close the loop on this one. I had the inspection at lunchtime today, and passed with flying colors.

Actually, the inspector really didn't look at much. Just looked into the trench along most of the distance to see if I sis 1.5" the whole way.

He didn't get any closer than 12 feet to the meter, and to the house inlet, where I thought it'd get closer scrutiny (i.e. did I use a union/disconnect at the meter, how did I transition from 3/4" up to 1.5" at the meter, and how did I get back down to 1" going into the house).

I'm happy though. It's done, it doesn't leak, and I can cross it off the list of "things that will probably fail in the near future" with this house.

Thanks for all your help and guidance. It's really appreciated!

-Shawn

edit: I should note that this was not the normal inspector. The building inspectors in San Jose are on strike, and this guy was a replacement who came in from a neighboring county). I have a strong feeling my "normal" inspector would have given it much more scrutiny. I took pictures of all the connections, just in case.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks