HVLP Paint Sprayers - outdoors

Users who are viewing this thread

Rdtompki

Reaction score
I've done a lot of exterior painting with airless paint sprays, but I've got to paint 350 fence posts (installed) and I really want to use a sprayer. My trusty airless would waste 2/3 of the paint. How well would a good HVLP sprayer work outdoors if I only use it under calm conditions? I know I could use a brush, but the plastic mesh nailed to one side of the round fence poles will make using a brush very difficult.

Rick

RBM Ent.

Reaction score
If you use your airless with the right tip; such as a 211 or finish tip it will save on paint and it has a small enough spay pattern 4" so you don't over spray as much.

Rdtompki

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'll look into this since I already have an airless. Got to figure out a good way to drag a generator and airless through the pasture.

Rick

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
The best way to do a job like that is to have a painting party.

Invite about 30 of your closest friends and give them each a paint brush and a gallon of paint. You'll have it all done in a couple of hours. And all you have to do is man the BBQ and supply the beer. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks