pex crimp tools

Users who are viewing this thread

tedn332

Reaction score
I have the Zurn pex crimp tools (1/2 and 3/4) . Confused with the compatability charts - will these tools work with the Vanguard crimp rings and fittings? Thankyou, Ted

Construct30

Reaction score
The chart says the zurn crimp ring tool will work on the crimp rings and the stainless steel cinch rings. They are compatible in the perfect world. Use the correct go no go gauge and the vanguard rings pipe and fittings, I wouldn't mix and match fittings, pipe and rings just yet, people do, but who knows for sure.

I have limited experience with PEX, I use it for repairs. I like working with it. Given that most failures are due to the fittings and not the pipe, I would use a home run system with a manifold and not hide fittings in the wall.

As many have pointed out, copper pipe does fail. It seems that it is not lasting as it should. The PEX tubing is great stuff, I think the fittings and crimps are the weak point so far.

http://www.pexinfo.com and http://www.plasticpipe.org/pdf/pex_pipes_for_plumbing.pdf have a lot of good info.

Last edited:

Construct30

Reaction score
According to the plastic pipe institute article, the linear expansion is 1 inch per 10 degree F per 100 feet. example: Hot water pipe 50ft long, 50 degree F. rise will lengthen pipe by 2.5 inches. That is why PEX should be strapped to allow for movement. People strap PEX tight to make it look like copper and then they wonder why fitting break and leak.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks