Leaky Brushed Nickel Nipples

Users who are viewing this thread

Scottg

Reaction score
I’m finishing a bathroom remodel and am, having a problem installing the supply nipples for the water closet and lav. I have drop elbows in the wall and am using 1/2†brushed nickel nipples with 1/2†brushed nickel threaded angle stops. I’m having difficulty getting tight joints. I’ve redone the water closet supply three times and it still leaks. The joints are being made with teflon tape. I’ve tries to vary the amount of tape, from minimal to the amount used for regular brass fittings to double the usual amount. They all leak. When I doubled the usual amount, the leak was minimal, a few drips per hour. I’ve done a fair amount of regular brass joints and they are tight.

Are there any tricks to getting these things tight? Any other material besides Teflon tape that would give better results? I’m assuming that the smooth surface of the brushed nickel is at least contributing to the problem.

Thank you in advance,

Scott

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Use a thin coat pipe dope then thin teflon tape then thin coat pipe dope.
This sould help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks