Air lock

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I had a new boiler installed last year; primary/secondary loop with indirect on a priority circuit. Two other zones: air handler with heat exchanger, and a 4-port radiant floor manifold with individual Uphonor zone valves and a mixing valve.

Once I got all of the air out last winter, worked fine all winter. In the last 3 days, I've had to bleed air out of all zones but the indirect. got up this morning, and pumps were running, but no water circulating (or if there was, it wasn't much since the supply pipes were barely above room temp).

Bleed one loop, and got a fair amount of air. Left for work (it's a townhouse, so it'll stay reasonably warm with what little is coming out of my system and my neighbors). But, obviously, want to figure out where the air is coming from. No obvious leaks. One loop got a nail in it and has a compression with o-ring sealed brass joint. Another was redone to embed it in SLC with tile on it, so it has two of the same, but the rest of the system is home runs.

I'll check it out this evening more carefully for a leak, but any suggestions on how best to find this?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While I did have some air in the system, it seems the primary loop pump isn't working properly...the secondary loop pipes never seem to get any heat even when the other circulators are running. Need to keep playing, then probably call the installer since it's been less than a year. Just don't want to take time off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks