(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: "Rocking" commode

  1. #1

    Angry "Rocking" commode

    I had a "rocking" commode. When I took it up I discovered that the plastic flange was broken on one side, and it is about 3/4 of an inch higher than the floor. The flange is glued inside the 4 inch drain pipe. How do I remove and replace it with one that is level with the concrete floor. Thanks. Curt Raney
    Last edited by craney31; 03-17-2005 at 03:21 PM.

  2. #2
    DIY Senior Member Mike Swearingen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    On Albemarle Sound In Northeastern NC


    Use a heavy glove and a hacksaw blade to cut the bad plastic flange into quarters. Try not to cut into the pipe.
    Chip the quarters out with a hammer and chisel. Cut the pipe off level with the floor. Sand and clean up the pipe, and glue a new flange into it.
    The flange should sit flush on top of the finished floor level with only the thickness of the flange above floor level. Bolt the flange to the floor.
    If the toilet does not sit level (put a level across the bowl), shim it level under the base with beveled plastic shims made for the purpose.
    Good luck!

  3. #3

    Default Rocking commode

    Thanks Mike. You've been a great help. Curt Raney


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts