(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Slow Computer Today

Default Slow Computer Today

My computer was running very slowly today, but only on this forum. Was there an exceptionally large amount of traffic today or is there something else going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdeboy View Post
    My computer was running very slowly today, but only on this forum. Was there an exceptionally large amount of traffic today or is there something else going on?
    I have not had any problems on this forum. Hope your system is ok.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

It's working fine now. Don't know what was going on earlier. But, as I mentioned, it was only T-Lo's website that was affected.

It's often an issue with where your service happens to be routing you at the time. No necessarily your service, but issues on some line somewhere. A down junction box can mess things up.
    Frank Albert

Rancher

Junction box?

That's a very technical term for the internet, you sure it wasn't the thingie attached to the whatyamacallit.

Rancher

The servers are being worked on, it should be returning to normal in the near future.

Previous member

I also had problems yesterday getting the Forum to load into my browser. And it was very slow at times also.

Of course, that's not the only thing that's slow, it's practically everything I own when I'm in a hurry.

bob...

Quote Originally Posted by Rancher View Post
    Junction box?

That's a very technical term for the internet, you sure it wasn't the thingie attached to the whatyamacallit.

Rancher
    Naw, it couldn't be that. It had to be the 'slagit that plugs into the gozonda. Those things are always going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    The servers are being worked on, it should be returning to normal in the near future.
    Any idea when? It's been slow and erratic for a few days now.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm waiting for it to speed up too.
    I better call tomorrow and find out why things are boggin down.

I'm glad to hear its not just me, a guy could get paranoid and think the site don't like me. I think I might be addicted to the site, at least that's what my wife says.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They say I'm addicted too.

7pm through 3am Pacific Time), your server will experience intermittent downtimes as we transition hardware to our new, primary, state-of-the-art data center.

Though this maintenance window is a full 8-hour period, your server will certainly not be down that whole time and will only experience intermittent downtimes, although one will be for approximately 90 minutes.
    However, itís best to expect limited access to your server during this period.

Once your server has been fully relocated you can experience a higher level of service due to a better facility and more diversified group of bandwidth providers.