Please help my scalding skin!

Users who are viewing this thread

todoh2o

Reaction score
My shower has recently started turning scalding hot all of a sudden and staying that way, regardless of how much I turn the cold water tap. Often it happens with a pressure reduction (presumably cold water turning itself off for an unknown reason), but not always. I have to turn the hot water all the way off (with cold on) before it slowly cools off. It doesn't seem to be associated with other water sources being on (although I do live in an older apartment, so maybe the neighbors?), and the fact that this phenomenon just started makes me think it's not others turning on the water. The water has always fluctuated slightly during my showers, but this is insane. Is it possible that the cold water valve is broken and randomly sticking shut? Any suggestions on what it might be (and how to fix it)? Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks