Another gfci question.

Users who are viewing this thread

HammerSlammer

Reaction score
I installed a Home Depot 3 pack of gfci's last June and they seemed to work great with the test button.

This week I bought another 3 pack and a gfci tester. I installed one and it worked great. Then I put the tester on one I installed last June and it tripped and would not reset. Then tested another from last June and it would not reset. So I replaced the two that would not reset with two new ones and they worked fine. The wiring is exactly the same so I'm certain they were wired correctly.

These were all the Leviton pro spec grade. Any advice??

Thanks for all the past help on this wonderful forum. HS

480sparky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I use Pass & Seymour, but even they have had problems here & there. It's a crap-shoot. EVERY manufacturer will have problems now & then. Defective material is a function of mass-production.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks