(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Valve identification

Default Valve identification

Can someone tell me the manufacturer of this valve? It's for a Roman tub and I need a new cartridge for one side. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It is a no name brand.Lucky if you can find parts.I spent 4 weeks looking for parts
    on roman tub still cant find it 10 yrs later.

Here are pictures of the spout and the handle trim. Thanks again for any help you can provide.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice job with the pictures. Thank you. Unfortunately, it looks like a million other roman tubs. Nothing on it jumps up and says....brand abc....

Our next best shot is a picture of the stem or inside the valve if you could take it apart and do that.

The number 9901 would be consistent with Moen, but I don't have my old moen parts catalog at home. I didn't find that number on their website.
    Last edited by jimbo; 12-02-2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Why don't you just bring that stuff, along with the old cartridge, to a plumbing supply house and try to match it up.

Well, I live out in the country an hour or so from any sizeable plumbing supply house. I'll be travelling at Christmas and expect to take the valve with me. Still hoping someone can come up with the brand name at least though.

I put a whirlpool tub in years ago that had a faucet that looked the same. That set up came from Universal Rundle, but they almost always put a small UR on the base of the spout. I believe a few of their parts were made by moen maybe not the older ones.
    Last edited by construct30; 12-02-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Since you have it apart, could you pop off the handle, take the stem out, and post a pic of that?