Bathtub Comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Irene Bullen

Reaction score
I need to get a new tub and enclosure for a rental condo. The old tub rusted through where the overflow valve is located and I was told the tub walls have to come down too. I don't want a steel tub and I was thinking of putting in Americast. A contractor told me about Swanstone, but they don't seem to make their own tub and sell a product called Veritek. Any information about this product and how it compares to other bathtub materials? Any recommendations on tub walls - Swanstone, fiberglass, other? I want to keep the cost moderate. Would appreciate advice. :rolleyes:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

For the long term I would recommend either a cast-iron tub or the Americast, but others will have other preferences. For the walls the thin flexible materials do not seem to stay attached very long.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Sterling ( by Kohler ) makes a tub and a surround kit from a material called Vikrell. It is some kind of acrylic finish. I believe it is superior to fibreglas. The surround kit snaps and interlocks with the tub; easy and troublefree install.

Top of the line: cast iron tub with ceramic or Silestone (not silestone fibreglas) wall. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks