hard to wipe my a??

Users who are viewing this thread

oldanbo

Reaction score
Is a bidet seat the answer?​

I have a toto drake ada and it works fine. But, permit the indiscretion, I have a spinal problem that is making it harder to wipe. I don't mean to be gross, can anyone recommend a bidet seat to fit a toto drake?

I never thought that I would reach this point, but the truth is that I can barely reach. I was thinking that maybe a bidet seat might help.

I would appreciate some real world advice.

I cannot afford a $1k device and I need something other than cold water.

TIA,
a semi-old man :confused:

http://terrylove.biz/12-bidet

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is a link to bidet seats on the home page of this forum. You need to realize that while these do no cost 1K, they are not cheap toys. We all want to fly first class for the price of coach, but that doesn't happen. Terry may have so expert advice/opinions on what would work best for you.

tinner666

Reaction score
Website
www.albertsroofing.com
Sounds like my wife. She wanted one too. We couldn't afford it.
Her problem was weight and arm lenght. Couldn't do anything about the arm lenght, so she went on a diet.

Is it a medical condition?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
http://terrylove.biz/12-bidet

I have bidet seats that start at $398 with free shipping in the lower 48 states.
They have been using things like this for cleaning in Europe and Japan for years.
As long as you have an electical outlet nearby, you can plug it in and get a warmed seat, warm water wash, and a warm air dry.
It uses the water connection for the toilet, and tees off with it's own adapter.
It's almost as easy as just changing a seat.

[video=youtube;HCao3h72dEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCao3h72dEE[/video]

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you do a Google search on "toileting aid" you will find a number of different types of toilet paper holder gizmos which are intended for those with limited mobility - they basically hold several sheets of TP on a plastic extender, and usually have a pushbutton to drop the used sheets in the toilet after use. They cost about $35.

oldanbo

Reaction score
thank you

for your responses. I do appreciate them.

It is a medical condition, ruptured disc. Two neurologists say spinal neuropathy and they won't peform surgery for numbness, only pain.

But doc I have both! No matter say they.

Now I hope this thread dies a natural death. 'nough said. But thanks again. :eek:

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I would see if your insurance will cover the cost or part of it. If you don't want just cold water. You might need to run a hot water line over for it that might cost some extra money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks