(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: loossee goossee

  1. #1
    DIY Senior Member DIY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default loossee goossee

    What would be the best fix for the following at this point short of hammering out a few tiles,or cutting out a portion of wall on the other side to gain access:
    My shower head water supply riser and tub spout nipple flap around like a very loose necked goose. Theory 1. Both the above are made of PVC or CPVC and are not fastened down to a block of wood or similar with some sort of strap. Theory 2. They are fastened down ,but because of there plastic type material they will always flap around when touched ,or when the shower head is adjusted.

  2. #2
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    New England


    The preferred way to install those is with a drop eared L screwed to blocking. Unless this is on an outside wall, it is usually easier to fix drywall than to repair pipe. You could try just filling in around the hole with some construction adhesive or silicon. Just give it long enough to set up well before using.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

  3. #3


    You should have an access panel behind the shower anyway. If you don't, you should create one. Once you do, you can fix the problem with straps or with shims.

    Once the pipes are stabilized, you should caulk around your fixtures, including your tub spout. This will also keep everything from moving around.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts