I am rewiring my house and the electrician stated I should mount my hardwire carbon monoxide detector low on the wall and smoke detector at the ceiling.
Anybody know why? and if I should mount it low, is it 12" from the ground like an outlet box?
CO is 3% lighter than "air", but that's not relevant. There's a long technical discussion from DoE here: http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../chem03364.htm, but the bottom line seems to be - mount it high.
Last edited by Mikey; 01-05-2008 at 04:06 AM.
I am doing a remodel / whole house re-wire. Am I required to provide a carbon monoxide detector.