What toilet paper doesn't plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If your paper does not plug, be so kind as to let us know what it is that you are using.

If you have paper that does plug, go to this link. and you can particpate in the the poll.

Snowman

Reaction score
Website
blizphotos.wordpress.com
Not much "mileage" on my new Dalton yet. That said, I have actually :eek: been putting some extra wads of TP in to see if I can slow it down................ It just "laughs" at me and gobbles it down!!
I like and use: Sam's Club Member's Mark: 400 sheets per roll. It is soft, it is strong, double ply sheets, and it lasts a long time before I have to put on a new roll.
Regards, Tom

mrjetskey

Reaction score
AHH! come on ,flushable wet wipes(cottonelle )are the only way to go,or should I say finish? ;) ;)

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I get a generic brand of the Scotts 1000 sheet/roll. $5.99 on sale for 12 rolls. I have 4 kids and the way they go through the stuff thats all their gonna get. I go through 12 rolls a week. I hate to flush $$$ down the toilet. :mad: :)

Achutch

Reaction score
I've been using Scott Extra Soft; 600 sheets per roll. My 4 toilets handle it with no problems.

My second choice is Angel Soft double rolls, but there are less sheets on a roll than the Scott brand.

Matt

Stu L.

Reaction score
Any "fluffy" TP will clog more than a standard, e.g. ScotTissue, TP. A huge added plus for the thinner firmer Scott type TP's is that for those of us who have hair around our bungholes, the Scott type TP's will be more resistant to leaving unsightly dingleberries and puffs of paper, a sure sign of not being "fresh" to those who may eyeball your bung in unexpected circumstances. In my Ultramax and my standard Gerber(both terrific flushers), the Kirkland equivalent of Scott, bough at Costco, never causes a clog. It's when I run out of TP and have to run out to the local 24 hour deli, and come back with some poofy TP with a fag name that I have to break out the plunger.

Lumber Jack

Reaction score
Cass said:
I get a generic brand of the Scotts 1000 sheet/roll. $5.99 on sale for 12 rolls. I have 4 kids and the way they go through the stuff thats all their gonna get. I go through 12 rolls a week. I hate to flush $$$ down the toilet. :mad: :)

I'm a firm believer in Scotts 1000 count. It's a little rough but I like it firm and I really dislike 2 ply or anything too soft.

KD

Reaction score
How you use TP is the key. We are on septic. Our rule is 2 ft. for wet wipe, two feet for dry wipe. It works for a baby, so why not everyone? At our sumer cabin we have a SOS (save our septic) flyer tacked to the wall. I will try to load it here so all can use it.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
One of the hardest things on a septic system is the washing machine, and I'm not talking about the amount of water that is going into the system.

The problem is the fibers ejected into the septic system. Cotton is fine, it will break down but all the synthetics fibers, from the synthetic clothes can clog the leach field and they will never break down.

The best thing you can do is put pantyhose over the end of the discharge pipe and catch them. This won't be possible to do if you have a washer box. A washer ejecting into a utility sink and pantyhose attached to the discharge of the washer is ideal.

Pumping a septic system on a regular basis will help also. The older and smaller the system the more frequent it should be.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
the cheaper the better

I simply refuse to pay 5 bucks for 6 rolls of toilet paper

the generic stuff that you can buy at sams club

30 rolls for 8.99 is the one for me....

it might not be as fluffey soft or "cleanseing " or good smelling
as the expensive stuff

but it certainley toughens up your hind end...
amd gets the job done ....

and it dont stop up the toilet either..

Therefore

If it doesent kill ya,
it can only make you tougher

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I have noticed that any paper will stuff up the toilet, it all depends on how much paper is being flushed.

Wondering

Reaction score
Either Scott or Angel Soft because it falls apart quick.

Had an awful time with Charmin. Won't ever use that again.

Chel_in_IL

Reaction score
I use Scotts 1000 ct, Scotts Ultra Soft, and recently bought a crate of generic stuff from Sam's called Pom 400 that works well. I'm on septic, 2 - 3 people in the house, Amer Std Cadet toilets. I haven't experienced much plugging on either toilet, unless I used waaaaaaaaaaay too much paper.

Chel_in_IL

Reaction score
I simply refuse to pay 5 bucks for 6 rolls of toilet paper

Isn't it rediculous how much toilet paper costs? With two women in the house, we have to wipe with each use of the toilet, so we can easily go through one of those expensive, squishy, low paper count rolls in a day. It just doesn't make sense for it to cost a buck a day to wipe my privates.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks