(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What toilet paper doesn't plug?

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What toilet paper doesn't plug?

If your paper does not plug, be so kind as to let us know what it is that you are using.

If you have paper that does plug, go to this link. and you can particpate in the the poll.

Not much "mileage" on my new Dalton yet. That said, I have actually been putting some extra wads of TP in to see if I can slow it down................ It just "laughs" at me and gobbles it down!!
    I like and use: Sam's Club Member's Mark: 400 sheets per roll. It is soft, it is strong, double ply sheets, and it lasts a long time before I have to put on a new roll.
    Regards, Tom

Thumbs up

I can recommend White Cloud.

AHH! come on ,flushable wet wipes(cottonelle )are the only way to go,or should I say finish?

I get a generic brand of the Scotts 1000 sheet/roll. $5.99 on sale for 12 rolls. I have 4 kids and the way they go through the stuff thats all their gonna get. I go through 12 rolls a week. I hate to flush $$$ down the toilet.

I've been using Scott Extra Soft; 600 sheets per roll. My 4 toilets handle it with no problems.

My second choice is Angel Soft double rolls, but there are less sheets on a roll than the Scott brand.

Matt

Any "fluffy" TP will clog more than a standard, e.g. ScotTissue, TP. A huge added plus for the thinner firmer Scott type TP's is that for those of us who have hair around our bungholes, the Scott type TP's will be more resistant to leaving unsightly dingleberries and puffs of paper, a sure sign of not being "fresh" to those who may eyeball your bung in unexpected circumstances. In my Ultramax and my standard Gerber(both terrific flushers), the Kirkland equivalent of Scott, bough at Costco, never causes a clog. It's when I run out of TP and have to run out to the local 24 hour deli, and come back with some poofy TP with a fag name that I have to break out the plunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass
    I get a generic brand of the Scotts 1000 sheet/roll. $5.99 on sale for 12 rolls. I have 4 kids and the way they go through the stuff thats all their gonna get. I go through 12 rolls a week. I hate to flush $$$ down the toilet.
    I'm a firm believer in Scotts 1000 count. It's a little rough but I like it firm and I really dislike 2 ply or anything too soft.

How you use TP is the key. We are on septic. Our rule is 2 ft. for wet wipe, two feet for dry wipe. It works for a baby, so why not everyone? At our sumer cabin we have a SOS (save our septic) flyer tacked to the wall. I will try to load it here so all can use it.

charman never had a problem

One of the hardest things on a septic system is the washing machine, and I'm not talking about the amount of water that is going into the system.

The problem is the fibers ejected into the septic system. Cotton is fine, it will break down but all the synthetics fibers, from the synthetic clothes can clog the leach field and they will never break down.

The best thing you can do is put pantyhose over the end of the discharge pipe and catch them. This won't be possible to do if you have a washer box. A washer ejecting into a utility sink and pantyhose attached to the discharge of the washer is ideal.

Pumping a septic system on a regular basis will help also. The older and smaller the system the more frequent it should be.

I like the Charmin Ultra, good stuff.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking the cheaper the better

I simply refuse to pay 5 bucks for 6 rolls of toilet paper

the generic stuff that you can buy at sams club

30 rolls for 8.99 is the one for me....

it might not be as fluffey soft or "cleanseing " or good smelling
    as the expensive stuff

but it certainley toughens up your hind end...
    amd gets the job done ....

and it dont stop up the toilet either..

Therefore

If it doesent kill ya,
    it can only make you tougher

I have noticed that any paper will stuff up the toilet, it all depends on how much paper is being flushed.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking Valid point .... Cookie.....

The cheap stuff is best
    becasue its so rough that you simply
    wont use that much ........

my theory