Toto chain question

Users who are viewing this thread

supview

Reaction score
I have two new Toto Ultramax toilets and i was just wondering if someone knew what the little white plastic "tubes" that are on the flush valve chain are for. And are they supposed to dangle down on top of the flush valve or they supposed to be up by the hook.

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Don't know for sure (none of my older Toto's have this), but would say that it might work best down near the flapper. This would keep it from being able to slip underneath the flapper and hold it open if it was adjusted too long.

supview

Reaction score
Ok thanks, the reason i ask was that in one of the Totos, the tube is dangling on the flapper, and the other Toto has the tube clipped under the clip on the chain. I guess the plumber must have put them there. So i guess that they should both be dangling on top of the flapper?

Grazzy

Reaction score
i think they also prevent the snagging of a metal chain. i like the plastic chains for that very reason.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
That flapper is the new G-Max flapper THU175S (Dark Pink) it replaces the THU138S (Red) and the plastic tube is to deter the chain from twisting and getting caught.

thu175s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks