Need Help with Fire Sprinkler system

Users who are viewing this thread

DonM

Reaction score
With the help of this forum I'm about to re plumb with Pex (Wirsbo expander system).

I am now also considering adding some fire protection with a sprinkler system since it will utilize the same manifold system.

I need some know how advice and some where to get the correct hardware advice

Thanks

Don

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Uh, a word to wise. Stay out of sprinkler fitting. Your are not qualified to do it. Engineers need to spec it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sprinkler

I do not do fire sprinkler work, because it is a separate discipline, but some plumbers are installing the new hybird systems where they are approved. I have not seen anything to indicate that they work with a manifold system. Usually they are inline with the plumbing fixtures in order to have large enough lines to do an effective job. BUT, you cannot just install a sprinkler head anywhere you decide to, there are regulations as to their quantity, placement, and water supply.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Think, about this!!!

One more point ! Many times the water service to home is changed to 1 1/4"
You can't buy the heads without a sprinkler License! What You do will get ripped out ,if You decide to bring in a sprinkler Co. Not worth it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks