Stuck set screw on a Peerless One Handle Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

obrien234

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a stuck set screw on a Peerless one handled faucet that is leaking. I know it is the internal parts because it leaks from the spout, not from the base. I can't change out the internals for new ones until I can get that set screw undone. I've tried WD40 and another bolt loosener, but it still won't budge.

Any suggestions?

Construct30

Reaction score
If worse comes to worse cut the handle off put in a new stem and buy a new handle. Just don't cut too low. If it is that bad though I would justn change the faucet. Be sure to tun off the water first in case some thing breaks. You can drill the screw with a nice sharp drill bit, if you have the room. You still need a new handle.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Peerless

Heat the handle slowly. When the temperature is just right the screw will loosen up. If it is the old Peerless it will have a diamond shaped stem, rather than the conventional/modern round one. In which case the handle is probably bonded to the stem and will not come off even when the screw is removed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks