New Drake to replace Kohler?

Users who are viewing this thread

rwagoner

Math teacher, surf and volleyball coach
Reaction score
Quick question. We have a Toto Drake in our master bathroom, which works well. We have a Kohler Rosario Lite (K3434) in my kids bathroom, which generally is fine but needs plunging occasionally. I can't tell if it is my kids (5 and 7 year old boys), or if the Drake is that much better. Is it worth changing out the Kohler?

The Kohler was apparently considered OK at the time it was bought (I saw an old Terry Love list).

Richard Wagoner

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From a consumer standpoint, I've put Totos in both mine and my mother's house. Hers were old 5-6 gallon flushers from the 50's, mine maybe 3.5gallon jobs from the 80's...the Totos work MUCH better than any of them. Nearly anything can be plugged, but it will take a heroic effort to do that with the typical Toto.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks