(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Miracle 511 sealer?

Default Miracle 511 sealer?

Has anyone used this sealer for grout? What sealer would you recommend?

511 is a great product, it is listed for sanded grout. They have another product for unsanded grout.

I've used it. Seems to work well.

Tom

The tille guy used an enhancer instead of the sealer! It left my matte tiles looking like they were polished and the grout color hasn't really darkened that much What to do?

The tille guy used an enhancer instead of the sealer! It left my matte tiles looking like they were polished and the grout color hasn't really darkened that much What to do?

There is nothing you can do. It's fairly permanent.

Tom

Another issue I thought of is how long did he wait before sealing your grout. You're supposed to wait 10 days. If you want the grout to be darker then using an enhancer sealer and redo just the grout lines.

They sell a special bottle that makes this kind of work easy.

Tom

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

The wait after installation and sealing grout depends on the products used and varies from a day to several weeks. You need to read the instructions carefully.

An enhancing sealer, unless it is left to dry on an impervious surface, basically is permanent. It is absorbed, and is designed to darken things that can absorb it. If it wasn't absorbed by the tile, you might get it off of it with a solvent, but if it was an unglazed tile (except maybe a good porcelain), it won't come off.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014