Please help with shower drain move / vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Larain60

Reaction score
Hi all, I had to replace one of the original walls that the prior owner installed it was all rotted out.

I need help with the drain please. I marked where the original owner ran the drain line under the slab. I had called a plumber in a few weeks ago who advised he would run a vent on the shower drain which he said should have been there all along.... as well as reposition the drain where X marks the spot.

My question is, does anyone know the likely layout based on my picture for (1) the new drain line and (2) the new shower drain vent? I need to frame the last wall and do not want to yet until I figure out whats going on with the drain and vent.

Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• shower.JPG
    shower.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 292

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
1- for us to make any type of ;informed statement, we would need to kno2w dimensions and the location of the existing waste stack the shower is tied to (if any)...
It would be helpful (from the plumbers' point of view) not to have the vent wall framed as he is going to have to bust up the floor there to run the vent...
Have him come in aand do the "underground" then frame and he can come back and do the top out and then trim...

As well - look into the Kerdi system now - johnbridge tile forum is a great help in that...

Larain60

Reaction score
Mark this is exactly the guidance I needed -- thank you.

I am planning on doing a Kerdi shower thanks for the direction there too. I bought John's books.

Best regards

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks