What is your favorite faucet?

Tell us what your favorite faucet is

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I dunno Rugged...
The longest wait I ever had was a we'll call you back in 10 minutes and they did. Maybe Mondays are worse... I'm off on Mondays...

Did you notice I've dicided to run for our nations highest office?

Kenneigh

Reaction score
Can a non-plumber repair a leaking Delta one-handle kitchen faucet?

Water just drips, can't turn it off. Unit's about 7 years old.

------ Just A Note -----

Old-timers like me recall the days before washerless faucets, when about all it took to stop drips/leaks was the correct washer and a tool.

Once the washerless era began, we sensed -- correctly -- that like the newer, "water-saving" tiny toilets, the plumbers' lobbies had got us (the public) again!

a.) If our older, better toilets needed to be replaced, we HAD to buy the "new" many-flushes-needed toilets.

b.) There'd be no more faucet repairs without "help" from a $75/hour
plumber, who might be as honest as your neighborhood lawyer and as competent as Stan Laurel.

Many folks make jokes about plumbers, but when I encounter a plumber's outrageous bills, I boil. These things are not funny!

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Water just drips, can't turn it off. Unit's about 7 years old.

------ Just A Note -----

Old-timers like me recall the days before washerless faucets, when about all it took to stop drips/leaks was the correct washer and a tool.

Once the washerless era began, we sensed -- correctly -- that like the newer, "water-saving" tiny toilets, the plumbers' lobbies had got us (the public) again!

a.) If our older, better toilets needed to be replaced, we HAD to buy the "new" many-flushes-needed toilets.

b.) There'd be no more faucet repairs without "help" from a $75/hour
plumber, who might be as honest as your neighborhood lawyer and as competent as Stan Laurel.

Many folks make jokes about plumbers, but when I encounter a plumber's outrageous bills, I boil. These things are not funny!

Bet you can hear the plumber laughing all the way to the bank. :p

To answer your question yes a non-plumber can repair a single handle Delta.

In all reality I do not think the plumbers wanted these washerless faucets either. I have a large P&M kit on my truck that only gets used now if someone with a home that was built before 1980 and still has original plumbing. Its a $3000.00 kit back in the day paid for itself, but in todays market its just a waste of space. People want the latest and greatest out there, even if it all plastic junk.

As for the water closets, when the government set the date 90% of the water closet manufactures where not ready. They just made the trap ways smaller to handle the flush thinking all will be good. Boy they found out fast they where wrong. Back then the only water closet that was a damn was the Sterling water closet which was making 1.6 GPF water closets a few years before it was mandatory. Then Kohler got wise and enlarged the trap way on the Welsworth and glazed the trap, It worked like a charm. First time I Installed the new Welsworth I had to double check to see if it stamped for commercial use only, the flush reminded me of the 3.5 GPF water closets. (back then we where allowed to sell 3.5 GPF water closets for commercial use.)

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
When is the last time you changed a cone washer??????

Bet you can hear the plumber laughing all the way to the bank. :p

To answer your question yes a non-plumber can repair a single handle Delta.

In all reality I do not think the plumbers wanted these washerless faucets either. I have a large P&M kit on my truck that only gets used now if someone with a home that was built before 1980 and still has original plumbing. Its a $3000.00 kit back in the day paid for itself, but in todays market its just a waste of space.

I remember when I was a kid and having to repair sayco and gerber faucets... and all sorts of other odd ball faucets made back in the 50s.......

I remember takeing out the scarred up brass seats and ......as a last resort, sanding them down till they were good enough to work properly....

now those were the fun, fun..days......

have a CREED faucet repair set up with all sorts of seats and washers, I have the cone washers in my truck...
(got them from a bankrupt plumber for nothing).

I probably not have opened any of the boxes in 5years or more... and they are also takeing up space....

its all washerless and throw away faucets now....

also , ....... to set the record straight......

anyone who cant repair a Delta faucet is a total moron.. and should not attempt any
kind of plumbing what-so-ever.

they are too simple and too easy .......

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
How come glacier bay wasn't on the list:D

Since I found theis adjustment tool, my opinion of Moen has changed a bit.:D

Attachments

• sledge-hammer.jpg
    sledge-hammer.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,578

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I like the old Chicago Faucets. Always easy to repair parts for the new faucets works in faucets built in 1918 and 1918 parts will work in the new ones. Well not the new Gerbit ones but the ones that still used the traditional Chicago cartridge/stem.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
my vote is for pegasus

We get these spirited voices all the time. Shame that a few years from now you'll be tearing it out because parts are not available for your model*

* Dictates that purchase made of Pegasus brand faucets are warranted for as long as the faucet works properly. Once faucet malfunctions, the warranty and availability of parts are gone.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Single faucet handle I prefer Delta. My kitchen has one of the pull-out handle models, one thing I like is the hard plastic "diverter" button as compared to the rubber covered buttons on other models. My bathroom remodel has Kohler faucet, two handle that looks nice, nothing bad to say about it right now.

mvmone

Reaction score
this has been a very useful thread. Thanks. I'm just wondering what are the issues with Price-Pfister...other than the huge parts listings that is? Should I avoid them? I'd prefer to spend a little more to have something I won't have to repair in 2-3 years. Also, another post mentioned Danze. What's everyone's thoughts on those? I'm in the middle of looking for fixtures and had chosen Price-Pfister Ashfield for the look, but a plumber friend of mine said they're "crap." So now I'm looking for second opinions and opinions on the Danze. Seems like Delta's the way to go, but would like more input for folks in the know.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:

JMEDGAR

Reaction score
Website
starcraftcustombuilders.com
Chicago Faucets, absolutely

I like the old Chicago Faucets. Always easy to repair parts for the new faucets works in faucets built in 1918 and 1918 parts will work in the new ones. Well not the new Gerbit ones but the ones that still used the traditional Chicago cartridge/stem.

Best damn faucet ever made. The Quaturn® compression cartridge was a revolution when it was invented 100 year ago, and still is one of the best on the market. Plus, every single Chicago faucet is designed, engineered, cast, machined, polished, plated, assembled, quality controlled, packaged and shipped in the U.S. of A. (except the Geberit faucets from Europe that Geberit is trying to slip past us under the Chicago label -- easy to identify, though.)

Anybody ever see a defective Chicago Faucet? Anybody?

Cheakamus

Reaction score
Anybody have any opinions about Hansgrohe/Axor? I'm having trouble finding something I like, and so far, Hansgrohe seems to be the only manufacturer with a full line that meets my needs: tub filler with diverter for hand-held shower and 9" spout; balanced shower control with diverter for separate hand-held shower; 2 wall-mounted lavatory faucets. They need to be modern/contemporary design.
Also, what about their universal rough-in box?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The HansGrohe is a good brand. And the I-Box lets you rough in and make changes later.
Some of their product line is made in the US.

Last edited:

Lifespeed

Reaction score
I have liked Toto's quality and thermostatic performance so far, but it will be many years before I can comment on reliability.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks