Laundry Room Rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

KirbFeeler

Reaction score
Hello all, what a great site and a good bunch of people here. Let me start by saying thanks for all that I have learned from just reading here. Well any way the reason I decided to post is to see of some one could clear up some rough in details for me. My wife and I are buying and going to move into a 140 year old house and the first thing I need to do is move the laundry room down stairs into a part of the house that is a lot newer than the rest. The new laundry room will have a laundry sink as well as the washing machine. My question is about the drain/vent and instead of a long drawn out explanation or a crappie drawing from me I found this pic on the net of basically what I want to do. Could some one tell me if this is kosher? I live in central Illinois and the village I live in basically has no code and the job will not be inspected but I would like to be as UPC compliant as possible. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 60544-045.jpg
    60544-045.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 17,384

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The code is a state code not a village code.

You just may not have anyone to enforce it.

The pic you posted is good, how far will the vent and T be from the trap?

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Personally, I'd have put the washer lower than the sink, and not into the same fitting. I'm afraid you'll be filling the sink when the washer pumps.

KirbFeeler

Reaction score
OK guys, Let me see if I have this correct. The rough in pictured in my first post would be code compliant but may not work so well in practice? In the example that Terry shows, the washer trap arm must be re-vented because it is not the highest fixture on the stack? I will have to look into the Illinois state plumbing code and also find out if our county has any special code of there own or if they just go by the state code. I am sure that I will have many more questions when I tear into the up stairs bath rooms. Thanks again for the input.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks