grohe valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Martin116

Reaction score
We live in the UK in an area of high water with a high calcium deposit content as such we suffer from deposits in many of the day to day utilities that we use - including the toilet.
Recently we had a problem with our flushing valve, a Grohe valve, which I now understand is a little off the wall as far as flushing technology is concerned. Our problem was that the valve wouldn't shut off correctly and we had constant water flow into the toilet bowl resulting in repeated filling through the inlet valve and this caused an annoying water-hammer effect.
I talked to a few guys at work (Jacobs) who advised that it was very unlikely that the valve had failed due to its age (being 3 years) and the minimal number of moving parts within the valve. They suggested that this was a simple home fix effected by:
that I close off the water supply and remove the valve assembly - fairly easily done (suspend the inlet float and simply lift out the valve which should be on guide bars)
thoroughly clean the valve unit to remove calcium deposits from the body of the valve and the sealing gaskets (which are silicone based) to ensure all components seat correctly. cleaning can be done with little more than household vinegar to disolve any build-up and no need to buy expensive solutions.
Rinse the valve, once clean, and reseat within the cistern. Manually flush a few times to ensure correct seating, refit the air hose and flush assembly and the job should be good with minimal expense.
Hope this helps - it worked for us.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks