Question about pressure tanks?

Users who are viewing this thread

THarp

Reaction score
I was looking at an extra pressure tank that I have and noticed some kind of black valve or something at the outlet.

Is this a valve that closes when there is no water in the tank? Do all tanks have these?

The reason for my question is...the tank I installed was sitting outside a few days before I installed it and I was wondering if a mouse or a cricket or something could have got it the tank. We are experiencing some water odors.

More concerned about a mouse...the cricket probably wouldn't be a problem.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tank is probably precharged with air. If you release the air you will have to precharge it with a compressor.

You should decide what your pressure switch will be set at, and the air pressure should be set at 2 psi less than the lowest START setting of the pressure switch. You can do that after the tank is installed.

You need to be sure that the air pressure is lower than the switch START setting or you will have a brief NO PRESSURE event every time just before the pump starts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks