Valve Stuck Open Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Duke76

Reaction score
I have a Lawn Genie R706 anti siphon valve that will not shut off.

I have opened it and inspected the diaphram and that looks good.
I have flushed it out and there does not seem to be any sand or dirt inside.The solenoid makes a noise when activated. I've swapped the solenoid with the valve next to it in the manifold with no success.

Can you suggest any other approaches before I change out the whole valve ? Do these valves generally fail in the open mode ?

Thank you.

Duke76

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
R706 is probably a model number for a manual valve. You can probably purchase a new 'operator' assembly to replace the one that treads into the existing valve body.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Very small dings in seat or the diaphragm itself, or clogs in very tiny pilot passages can effect solenoid operated valves. You should not lose any sleep, or waste a lot of time trying to solve this problem. Just replace the entire valve, or as mentioned, the entire operating head may be replaceable without removing the valve body. Take the parts to the depot or a landscape supply house.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
You can google up a complete adapter - try Toro L2034. I'd include an image, but the VBulletin transloader doesn't ever seem to work.

318S76WGC3L._AA280_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks