PVC fitting fix

Users who are viewing this thread

PHIL M

Reaction score
I have a leak at a 3" PVC fitting in my hot tub. It's impossible to go any further back to cut out and replace the elbow which I enlarged too much when I took out the original flexible PVC pipe which had collapsed. The new flexible pipe which I glued in just won't hold water at this joint. Only possible solution I can think of is to wrap the joint with some sort of epoxy. Found two products online which claim to be able to do the fix: Repair Bond and Plast-Aid. Has anyone used these products or have a different solution for me?

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Glue in a piece of 3" PVC and a coupling then the flexable pipe into the undamaged coupling...
Might work for you...

PHIL M

Reaction score
FYI, I think I figured out a solution. If I cut off the fitting with a cable saw, I'll get to another fitting barely within reach. I found out that there are products available online that are called "pipe extensions." Basically they are fittings designed to go INSIDE a sawed-off connection. Terriffic idea although I was told by a plumber that they are "illegal" as they reduce the size of the pipe. For 1½ inches, who cares? The end of the pipe goes to various water nozzles, which by definition are constricted ports.

Sure beats having to rent a crane or use sissor jacks to lift the entire spa up to gain access from underneath.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks