Where to buy Toto Guinevere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
I love the convenience of Home Depot and Lowes...but, I also see frequent problems with my special orders...almost always. Every special order has had an issue. I also hear from people that what you get from Home Depot and Lowes is lower quality also - how can it be when it's from the same manufacturer? Am I better off not ordering my Toto from these stores? Is the savings worth it?

Thanks...

abak_guinevere.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can order Toto from the big box stores.

I ordered mine from a local plumbing supply store.

If you do a search on this site, you'll see advice not to order a toilet on the web, since there is a good chance of breakage (which may not be evident at the time you receive it).

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
I think HD does carry Toto through special order. Is it still best to go through a local distributor?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sometimes the local suppliers will be at or even better than mailorder (over the web) prices...sometimes depends on how big of a mover it is. I've bought 4 over the net...one was damaged and they never even tried to deliver it to me...all I saw was a notice it was being reshipped. If the supplier does not repack them, they are highly susceptable to damage. If they do, they can be fine. If you aren't in a hurry, and can accept the possibility it might have to be replaced, and the savings is enough, then go for it. If time is critical, you're better off getting it locally. The place I"ve bought mine repacks them with foam-in-place, both outside and inside of the toilet, so while it is possible to damage it, they have to be really careless.

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
I really never thought of purchasing over the web. My 2 options are either from a Home Depot, which is a special order, or through another local distributor...like a plumbing supply store. Which do you think is better?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My experience with HD and special order is spotty...sometimes they get it right and sometimes they don't. I'd rather support a local supplier if the price difference isn't too great. It's up to you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks