Grounding a portable generator

Users who are viewing this thread

Cubey

Reaction score
And just what is the drive worth to you, the price of a generator, the price of someone getting hurt or even killed?

I don't know the style of generator you have and the bonding will take place at a point on the system that the system was designed to be bonded. To try to bond it where you want to may end up costing you a generator so as I have pointed out so many times before, SEEK HELP FROM A COLEMAN DEALERSHIP!!

Thank you for that bit of advice. It somehow never occurred to me to look for a Coleman Powermate recommended shop. I went back to the Powermate site and found a "Service Centers" locater. Turns out there is one locally and the Powermate site says they work on generators, however the shop appears to be closed today (no answer). I will have to probably call back next Wednesday since they will probably be closed until then due to holidays.

Hopefully it won't cost anymore than $50 to have this done (may have them also inspect/replace the brushes while they're at it) if the place does in fact work on generators like the site says. It would be something if they don't. I will be very upset if they don't. The next nearest is approximately 60 miles but thats still better than 130 miles/2 hours.

Oh, and reassembling the generator wasn't hard after all. There is just a trick to getting the big metal panel back on due to the hard to get at lock nuts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks