shower stall seat

Users who are viewing this thread

Gfe76

Reaction score
shower is about 3' square and unfinished. When I tile can I build in a corner seat? will that work in a shower this small? thanks

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Check out www.johnbridge.com for tiling and shower advice. I'm just finishing up a 3'x5' shower and we decided it was too small for a seat. If it gets to where you need a seat, there are such shower seats available at medical supply stores. They're lightweight and obviously not permanent, so when it comes time to sell the house, it will be one less thing for the buyer to worry about.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I put one of these in my mother's shower after the tile was up. You can either do it first, or after...worked well. It's probably easier if you put up sufficient blocking so you can use the wood screws, but the molly bolts work well if your wall thickness is within specs. http://www.innoviscorp.com/better-bench.php Her shower was about the same size as yours, in fact slightly smaller, 32x56.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks