Saddle tees for irrigation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's a saddle tee made for adding on to existing underground pipe without digging up enough to slip in a standard T. I thought I could just slice a standard tee in half, glop some cement on it and secure it to the pipe with spiral clamps, but the $!&#@ that designed the standard tee made the middle 2" or so slightly smaller in ID than the rest of it, so it won't mate to the pipe. I once saw such a thing adverised on the Web, but they only sold them in large quantities -- I've never seen them sold in, say, packs of 10. I could use 1x1, 1x3/4, and 3/4x1/2 if anybody knows of a source.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Glue on saddle tees are available. The port is somewhat small, so I would not recommend it for a branch supporting more than 1 or 2 heads.

Another suggestion is to use a slip extension coupling. This necessitates a little more digging but can be inserted in the line without needing to move the exisiting pipes longitudinally.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks