(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Saddle tees for irrigation?

  1. #1
    Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Central Florida

    Default Saddle tees for irrigation?

    I'm wondering if there's a saddle tee made for adding on to existing underground pipe without digging up enough to slip in a standard T. I thought I could just slice a standard tee in half, glop some cement on it and secure it to the pipe with spiral clamps, but the $!&#@ that designed the standard tee made the middle 2" or so slightly smaller in ID than the rest of it, so it won't mate to the pipe. I once saw such a thing adverised on the Web, but they only sold them in large quantities -- I've never seen them sold in, say, packs of 10. I could use 1x1, 1x3/4, and 3/4x1/2 if anybody knows of a source.

  2. #2
    Plumber jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    San Diego


    Glue on saddle tees are available. The port is somewhat small, so I would not recommend it for a branch supporting more than 1 or 2 heads.

    Another suggestion is to use a slip extension coupling. This necessitates a little more digging but can be inserted in the line without needing to move the exisiting pipes longitudinally.

  3. #3
    In the Trades Gary Swart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yakima WA


    The slip coupling is the way to go.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts