(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Wall-mount with floor-mount look?

Default Wall-mount with floor-mount look?

I am renovating my master bath and must install a wall-mount toilet. However, I don't like the look of them; I feel that they look very industrial. Is there any wall-mount toilet on the market that has a base like a floor-mount? Or, is there a way to create a base for a wall-mount? Thank you!!!

dc_homeplumber

American Standard makes one called the "Yorkville". I don't know much about it except that is does have the wall discharge outlet and other than that looks like a regular toilet that sits on the floor.

There's one for sale on **** now that you can view at this link:

http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll...929040099&rd=1

Default outlet

The problem you may find is that while there is a "standard" above the floor measurement for the wall hung outlet, there is no requirement that it be used. In other words the toilet can be mounted higher or lower than standard, but the floor mount back outlet bowl has no latitude. If the hole in the wall is higher or lower than the toilet's it will not fit.

Lightbulb Floor Mount / Rear Outlet

You can always rough in the drainage for the American Standard Yorkville, pretty good looking toilet.
    e-plumber

dc_homeplumber

If I'm not mistaken, the Yorkville is Pressure Assist -- excellent, though a little noisy.