Has anyone used the new ridgid pex crimp tools?

Users who are viewing this thread

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has used the new ridgid pex crimp tools? They apparently are lighter, require less force to use, and are shorter than most or the others on the market. I have a full set, but my 1" crimper is almost 2Ft long! It would be great to get the ridgid 1" crimper since it would fit into my tool box nicely, but i am worried that it might be harder to use than my current one. I haven't actually used it yet, but the 2Ft long handle should give some great leverage.

Anybody got anything good or bad to say about the ridgid crimpers?

thx

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
question about pex crimpers

I once read a complaint about mixing the crimpers
when useing different brands of pexes....
I thought some brands specifically stated that you must use their crimpers

some crimpers did not knarl down enough on the ring
and eventually the pex fiting would leak because of
too light of compression on the clamp.....

is this something to be concrened about down the road

just wondering

I only use Wirsbo

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I am looking into the Rehau everloc system as the tools are also compatible with the wirsbo system as well, but I will still use the crimp method as it's tried and true here for quite some time. You can never say something with %100 absolute certainty about the quality of one method over another. Base materials and manufacturers change specs all the time leading to all sorts of problems. People say copper is the best and refuse to switch over to plastic piping because of what happened with PB. But there was also a big problem with copper tube/fittings at one time or another (Wolverine comes to mind).

But anyways, that is just my opinion, and all I am hoping is for someone to give their account of the Ridgid 1" tool :) I have even asked on the Ridgid forum and nobody there has spoken up either....I would have thought these new tools would have been jumped on by now...guess not...maybe I'll have to bit the bullet and buy a 2nd set heh.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
crimp fittings 15 years from now

you never know how well somethingis going to do till its out in the market place for at least 5 years or more....

I sitll run into many , many poly lines that were crimped onto copper tees that were made for them..

you can see where they were slowly leaking over time
and I worry about all the new crimp fittings and how they
will hold up in about 15 years from now

everyone has jumped on this bandwagon and their will be hell to pay some day for some of these pex brands...:eek::eek:

anyway the reason you are not getting many responces is probably it too new a tool

good luck

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Thanks for your time Mark, and it's because of people like you that I am taking a closer look in the expansion pex, even though I hate using it! heh.

Take care :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks