Sewage ejector vent

Users who are viewing this thread

brosnt1

Reaction score
Hello All
does the 2" vent for a sewage ejector pit have to be a separate vent all the way to the roof, or can it connect to the main vent?
thanks in advance for your help

Prashster

Reaction score
In my town, it can connect to another vent above the flood line of other fixtures.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
According to the UPC, it must go through the roof independent of other drains. If it doesn't, chances are that the rapidly moving air can pull the trap on a toilet or other fixture. The pump moves water very quickly, which must be replaced by incoming air, the resultant pressure drop in the stack can cause problems. Yes, I've watched it happen on an improperly-vented sump.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
According to the UPC, it must go through the roof independent of other drains. If it doesn't, chances are that the rapidly moving air can pull the trap on a toilet or other fixture. The pump moves water very quickly, which must be replaced by incoming air, the resultant pressure drop in the stack can cause problems. Yes, I've watched it happen on an improperly-vented sump.

I saw a toilet trap get siphoned by strong wind in a high rise. It doesn't take too much variation to cause the trap(s) to fail.

brosnt1

Reaction score
Thanks all for your input, The reason I'm asking is because may sewage pit is in the center of the basement level, and I have a 1st with a loft above that. no central walls in the loft to run a pipe in. If I need to go to the roof, I would have to run at least 12 feet to a side wall and then up through the roof.
Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks