TOTO Aquia, we have them in Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

johnescu

Reaction score
Aquia toilets

Do you have performance / recommendation info on the Aquia EL (CST 414M)?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
CST414M: CT414 bowl, ST413M tank 800 on the MaP test

Meets Los Angeles specification (SPS) for water savings sustainability

Qualified to meet U.S. EPA WaterSense Specification

johnescu

Reaction score
Eco toilets

Thanks, I was hoping for some plumber / consumer recommendations.
I want to replace 2 toilets (one white, one biscuit, both elongated). I can get a rebate for using the high efficiency toilets.
Is the EcoUltramax good?
The Aquia is good looking, but I heard it is harder to install.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
None of these toilets are hard to install, but some are different. Plumbers don't like different. You have to drill some additional holes to mount the adapter to the floor over a normal toilet. Also, the water supply might have to be moved over, since they have a skirt that is sometimes wider than standard. Since many installations are not standard in the first place, you may not have to move anything.

Note, Toto makes many toilets that use standard installation that any generic toilet will fit, too.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Aquia works very well, I had one installed in my home for two years. It does take a little more time to install.

The Toto Eco Drake works well too. An easy installation.

jcg1545

Reaction score
something to be aware of though
if you are install an aquia in a visible area such as I was (pedestal sink, doorway facing entrance) the rough-in sticks out the back and is very visible
had to return and now thinking of a carlyle as a substitute (wife wants skirted toilet)

Archer

Reaction score
Condensation on Aquia Tank

Have you seen problems with condensation on the Aquia? If so, is there an insulation kit to reduce the problem?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
ANY toilet, even an insulated one, can have condensation on it if it is in a high use situation. The only way around that is live in a desert or put a mixer on it to warm the water up.

dab2mi

Reaction score
something to be aware of though
if you are install an aquia in a visible area such as I was (pedestal sink, doorway facing entrance) the rough-in sticks out the back and is very visible
had to return and now thinking of a carlyle as a substitute (wife wants skirted toilet)

I was wondering about that as well, I can see the plastic PVC sleeve from the side. Is that normal? Did I install that part wrong?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
aquia_angle.jpg

You can see the end of the adapter on the Aquia, if you are looking from the side.
If you are looking from this angle, it's hidden on the back side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks