(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: light in shower

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post
    OK. Why? Just because?
    I'm sure there's a safe way to do this, but it's a needless risk (IMHO). There's just no reason to have it within arms reach of the shower. I'd put it near the main light switch at the entrance of the bathroom. I have 2 kids that use the master shower occasionally and find lots of reasons to reach out while inside.

Of course, if the b-room is small enough, the point's moot anyway, since the switch'd HAVE to be within arms reach of the shower.
    (important note: I'm not a pro)

When installed properly, there's no reason to fear the close proximity of electricity and water.

After all, just look at a water pump, your garbage disposal, boilers, dishwashers, electric water heaters, clothes washers, electric presure washers, swimming pools.....
    Just my 2 worth.

hey guys....thanks so so much....appreciate all the input....great site!
    the light will be recessed and the bath is small, but I will try to put switch on wall other than right outside shower. thanks again.

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek Mikey's Avatar

Picture your wife all nekkid and ready to hop in the shower, and ask yourself if she's going to be happy about having to walk across the room to turn on the shower light. The switches for our shower light and fan are right by the door, and that's why the circuit is GFCI-protected.

thanks mikey...makes sense....