Moving Washer dryer to Upstairs Bath

Users who are viewing this thread

kess22b

Reaction score
HELP!!! Long story short. Bought my house 18 months ago. Poor constrution of Mbath. 500 gal Jacuzzi tub, that does not fill nor drain, pitched the wrong way, build over sun porch with no insullation so BR is Freezing. Seperate shower stall. Want to remove both tub and shower. Put in washer/dryer unit to replace shower, install tub/shower unit where hot tub was....(Have 6 kids with WD in basement) HELP..How do I get this "F-in" tub out, and what do I need to do to support getting WD in along with other repairs needed:eek:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bath

1. Call in experts to do the remodel.
2. If you wish to DIY, see #1.
If it is not obvious as to how to remove the tub, you don't want to know what is involved in the rest of it.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The question you're asking is so broad that no one can help you. How to remove a tub. There are many ways. You can tie a chain around it and drag it out the side of the house with a truck. Or you can disassemble it and remove it.

No one will be able to offer you help unless you explain things better. What are you skill sets? What do you want to accomplish first etc...

Tom

kess22b

Reaction score
Washer dryer bathroom issue

Thanks for the feedback...The issue is a huge top, on a second floor that I want to remove for several reasons (see first post). The question is two fold. Get tub out, replace with top and shower unit, move WD from basement to bathroom...
Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sometimes those tubs are emplaced during construction phases, and there is no way to remove it whole. You may have to cut it into pieces after disconnecting the drain and freeing it from where ever it is currently installed.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just to add to your problems, here are some more considerations. You will have to relocate the drain, trap, and probably the vent for the tub, provide a drain, trap, and vent for the washer. Given the nature of your questions, I am concerned that you do not have the knowledge to do these things and meet code requirements. Bathroom remodeling is probably the most difficult of all rooms for a DIYer to do.

BrooklynJon

Reaction score
My third floor W/D regrets

Here's another potential monkey wrench for ya.

I put my laundry room on the third floor of my house when I renovated. I didn't consider what would happen to my house when the thing goes into the spin cycle. Suffice to say, my house shakes like a M.F. My top loader isn't that bad ($100 in vibration arresting treatment later). But my LG front-loader? It feels like the whole house is about to blast off! I long for a laundry room sitting on a nice, solid concrete slab. Alas, it is not to be.

But if you go this route, I recommend using silicone pads to arrest the vibrations, which are not so good after all, no matter what the Beach Boys said. :(

kess22b

Reaction score
Just to add to your problems, here are some more considerations. You will have to relocate the drain, trap, and probably the vent for the tub, provide a drain, trap, and vent for the washer. Given the nature of your questions, I am concerned that you do not have the knowledge to do these things and meet code requirements. Bathroom remodeling is probably the most difficult of all rooms for a DIYer to do.

Thanks Gary...I never had any intention of doing it myself...I just wanted to know what might be involved....beyond that ugggg how much is it going to cost???
Kess

fortop

Reaction score
BrooklynJon - Just curious - what exactly did you use for a "$100 in vibration arresting treatment"? I am installing a W/D off the kitchen/next to a bedroom and suspect that my top loader will vibrate also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks