Fitting Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Dungmin

Reaction score
Greetings again, folks. I am deep into my well discharge pipe-to-cistern project which thus far has gone swimmingly with much thanks to this forum. I am approaching the final connection stage and need to ask if anyone could advise me on this fitting:
dscf0014tk8.jpg

The black poly coming in from the left is the supply from the pump and here connects to the house system. Is this perhaps an anti-contamination valve or something else with purpose? It would be easier for me to tap into the black poly but dare not bypass this thang without asking. TIA!

DM

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It is a brass barbed male adapter and if the marking is right it is 1" X 1".

It allows you to transition from your well pipe to the homes potable water plumbing system.

What kind of gray piping is that...it looks like the old PB piping or electrical conduit or maybe Sch 80.

Dungmin

Reaction score
Thank you for your rapid reply, Cass; that fitting sounds by-passable to me!
Your query had me spooked, to I had to look:
dscf0002ot0.jpg

Thanks again!

DM

R

Rancher

that fitting sounds by-passable to me!
How are you going to bypass that fitting, it is necessary to transisition from the Poly to the IPEX PVC pipe... They may make a PVC barb fitting, but I wouldn't take apart what you already have just to reduce fittings.

I would turn one of those SS pipe clamps around and put the tighting device side oposite of the other one, i.e on the bottom side, with the screw fitting accessable from the front.

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks