kitchen faucet strange problem

Users who are viewing this thread

dodcar

Reaction score
Hello I am having a strange problem with my kitchen faucet.

It is a kohler single handle with the little hand spayer off to the side.

When I turn the faucet on there is always a noise that I describe as a boom. It isn't lound as in a sonic boom but it is noticeable. It sounds pressure related but I am only a homeowner so I don't know what is causing the noise. Also when I use the hand sprayer the water pressure is very low and then when I finish with the sprayer and try to use the faucet no water comes out of either the hot side or the cold side. I had to keep playing with the faucet, off/on to get it to work again.

I installed the faucet about 2 years ago and these problems have only been a recent development. Any ideas on what the noise is when I first turn on the faucet and why the spayer pressure is so bad and causes the faucet to not work?

Thanks

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
the spray diverter is messed up and need to be changed. I would look into getting the parts under warranty

dodcar

Reaction score
do those things ever work? I don't think I ever had one that worked for any long period of time, either the pressure was weak or the hose never seemed long enough. Anyone like those new faucets where the sprayer is part of the faucet and you just pull it off the faucet to use?

any better than others? If they are better than the old little sprayers maybe I will just get a new faucet.

thanks
cj

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks