warm water from garden hose

Users who are viewing this thread

devo

Reaction score
The water from my garden hose feels too warm even after I have run the existing water out of it and the house plumbing. I was wondering if it is possible that it is siphoning from the water heater. The garden hose is very long 150". I am on a community water system operated by a private company. Of course, it could just be my perception rather than a real problem. Any thoughts?

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I would see if I could find the pipes in the basement to see if they are also getting worm. I would then look for a cross connection. I would also check any fixtures that are close by to see if the cold water is also worm.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
run hose then turn cold water supply to water heater off...
If temp of water drops significantly you may have a cross connection...
Now turn water supoply to heater back on... if hose heats back up, you do have a cross connection... (or tempered water to your hose bibb...LOL)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks