Shower/Tub temperature

Users who are viewing this thread

ascii12

Reaction score
The temperature setting on our gas water heater (brand new) is set to medium-high. The water temperature in all the sinks is very hot, as we like it. However, the temp in the shower in the master bath and in the tub in the guest bath is just warm. I see no obvious adjustment on the tub or shower handles to change the temperature. There is no logo on the handles. They are single handles that turn thru 270 degrees to adjust flow and temp. Any help would be appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some of the single handle rotating valves have a limit adjustment to prevent people from accidentially setting it too high. As noted, check to see if yours does.

ascii12

Reaction score
There's a set screw holding the handle in place and a single screw at about the 1 o'clock position that looks like it holds on the face plate. Should I remove both of those?

ascii12

Reaction score
My wife looked at it and found the Moen logo. (I missed it. Typical male) I will take a picture of it and post it tonight.

ascii12

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll give the adjustment a try if I can decipher all the plumberese.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks