New Ensuite

Users who are viewing this thread

fras_eee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Okay firstly I'm new to this site but having searched the internet repeatedly this seems to have the best advice for other problems I've been having. Secondly some background is needed to explain my problem.

I've recently moved into a new house which needs a lot of renovating work done to it. So far my dad and I have done a great job and have done all the elecrtical and gas work and fitted a new kitchen. Looks ace!! Anyway one of the up and coming jobs I have is to fit an ensuite bathroom into a room that is off my master bedroom. The room is big enough for a double shower, Sink and Toilet with plenty of room left over. My real problem is getting the waste out!!

The drain sits at the other side of the house and the house is a mid-terrace, therefore the only access to the wall where I can run wastage out is through a walkway which I am not allowed to run pipes through.

A possible solution I have thought on is to raise the floor of the ensuite to run all the waste and pipes to the far end of the ensuite then down one side of the master bedroom where it can then go down into a cupboard below and out where the exiting WC is. A lot of work involved there I know and the pipes would be boxed in in the bedroom but at a higher height so that a makeshift shelf is created.

Is this a realistic solution?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Raising the floor is the mark of a genuine Hack! I would say you will be time and money ahead to contact a plumber in your area who can evaluate your problem on site. We can give you some general suggestions, and some of the pros can even get quite specific, but this is not really a DIY project.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You need not only a sloped drain line (1/4" per foot) but vent lines for each drain. Both can be eventually combined so you only have one pipe, but doing it correctly is a science. What direction do the joists run, and how far is it to where you can access the existing drain? When you get the rough plumbing in, check out www.johnbridge.com on help doing the tile work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks