I AM SEARCHING FOR A 17" BOWL THAT..

Users who are viewing this thread

GOOBER

Reaction score
I removed two old 3.5 gal Murray toilets and picked up two, Kohler, Wellworth kits at Lowes. "Crafted in Mexico" Upon opening the cartons, I found flaws in the bowl castings.. snags and chips in discharge passage way that had been porcenalized over, areas that had been patched with white (epoxy?) glue.
So I took them back and now am considering to just install two 17" bowls that I can fit my old Murray tanks onto. I like the the square front of the Murray mounting bases. Much like the Kohler Memoir. No rocking side to side. Lowes would not sell me just the Memoir bowls.
My rough in is 13" and I do not care if I end up with space behind the tanks.
I am a family of "one" and not interested in saving water. My water bill is never more than "minimum'. I can keep the "innerds" of these old Murray tanks repaired.
What 17" bowl can I mouint these Murray tanks onto and where can I get it?
thanks in advance
"one old Geezer"

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
(A) It is not code to mix parts because the combination would not be considered a low-flush.

(B) Most manufacturers changed the bolt spacing when they went to 1.6 so you could not mix and match. See (A)

GOOBER

Reaction score
jimbo said:
(A) It is not code to mix parts because the combination would not be considered a low-flush.

(B) Most manufacturers changed the bolt spacing when they went to 1.6 so you could not mix and match. See (A)

Ok thanks... that plan shot down!
Also was wondering if anyone makes a complete toilet set with an "old timey" tank that hangs on the wall with a pull chain? That extra height certainly should add velocity to the water.

D

dc_homeplumber

If you're looking for an ADA compliant (or "tall" toilet) with excellent flushability, the Toto Drake seems to be the #1 toilet of choice.

If you're willing to go in excess of $350 per toilet, you can find Canadian exporters on the Internet -- especially on the auction sites -- that still sell new 3.5 gallon models. I see American Standard, Gerber and Kohler 3.5 gallon models are still available in abundance in Canada.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks