Sewage (ejector) pump problem

Users who are viewing this thread

BobS0327

Reaction score
I have a sewage (ejector) pump located in my basement that starts running every 30 to 40 minutes for about 30 seconds and then stops although there isn't any water and/or sewage running into the pump from my sinks etc. I hear a slight trickle of water constantly running into the pump and I'm not sure where this water is coming from. I've checked all the toilets, sinks, showers and washer to determine if there is water running into the drain. I have found nothing.

It seems as though the ejector will run for 30 seconds then stop and the water trickle will continue for about 30-40 minutes causing the ejector to run again for 30 seconds.

The ejector pumps sewage approximately 220 feet up a slight grade to the main sewage line.

The pump is a Environmental One GP 2010.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Bob

BobS0327

Reaction score
It probably is the check valve. This type of repair is beyond my basic plumbing experience. So, I'll hire a professional to do it. Is this an expensive repair?

thanx

Bob

SumppumpPimp

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should be able to just replace the check valve and that will take care of it!

Toilet Dude

Reaction score
Up-Flush Toilet Pump

Terry,
I am thinking of finishing my basement and installing a half bath down there. I just have a few questions. Is there any right or wrong cleaner to use for the sink and toilet bowl that will affect this product? Has any body installed this before and if you did what toilet did you use? Or should i say...what toilet would work the best? Is this pump loud, what spund does it make? It this product worth it or is it just crap.
Please respond qulickly!!!!
Thanks so much,
TD:confused:

BobS0327

Reaction score
toilet dude,

First of all, I'm not an experienced plummer by any stretch of the imagination. But I did have my sewage (ejector) pump repaired by the local Sanitary Authority. They replaced the defective check valve.

The technicians did tell me that the bottom of the pump housing was pitted and "eaten away". In their opinion, this is not normal. They suggested that I have my water from our local water company thoroughly tested since I might have a high ph level which would cause this pitting etc. They were not aware of anything else that would damage this pump. So, to answer your question as an amateur, I would say that only a high PH level could possibly damage your pump.

I still haven't received the water test results back. But my gut feeling is that the sewage pump is just a substandard pump prone to failure. I say this because the seals on the check valve were improperly installed which led to it's failure. Unfortunately, my warranty expired a while back.

Toilet Dude

Reaction score
Thanks Bob,
Is this a regard product at all costs sign? Or do you think you just had a bad pump? Can you tell me what brand of toilet you had put on your pump? Also, would you able to up load a picture of your bathroomor a close up shot of the toilet on the pump? Its will really give me a good visual of what the result will look like.;)

Thank you,
TD:cool:

BobS0327

Reaction score
Is this a regard product at all costs sign? Or do you think you just had a bad pump?

It may just have been a bad pump. There are a lot of other GP2010 pumps installed in my area but the homes are a lot new than mine. So, it may be a few years before we really know.

I believe my setup is a little different than yours. My main pump, the E1 GP2010 pumps all the house sewage 220 feet up a slight grade to the sewage system. I have a second smaller pump, a Goulds SWW0511AC that pumps the sewage from my basement 1/2 bath (sink and toilet) into the E1 GP2010 pump. The toilet is a standard Kohler toilet that flushes directly into the Goulds pump which installed inground directly behind the bathroom wall.

In other words, I don't have a toilet sitting on a pump. I'm not sure I would want to be sitting on top of the pump when it kicks in. IMHO, it might be a little frightening for a small child etc.

The Goulds pump is not exceptionally noisy. It can be heard from behind the wall when it kicks in but it's not what I would call a frightening sound. Also, the sound of the pump is muffled by wall insulation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks